Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Hair post

As I've mentioned before 2012 is about streamlining.  Doing things to save time, make my life easier.  I've been trying to be better about exercising.  I work full time so I either have to get up at ass crack of dawn 4:45am and work out or I can wait until 8:00pm after I put the kids to bed and then work out for an hour.  I go for the latter.  It still is not easy, after a long day all I want to do is relax but I'm determined to lose a few nagging pounds that really bother me.  So I work out five days per week for an hour.  After I work out I shower and then finally get to lay in bed and get on the computer or watch tv.  As many know, I'm obsessed with pinterest.  I saw a pin for a sock bun and sock bun curls.  I decided to give it a try.  I was most intriuged by the thought of showering at night, putting in a sock bun and waking up with beautiful curls.  This would allow me 30 more minutes of sleep in the morning which I am all for.  30 minutes might not sound like a lot but to me there is a big different between waking up at 5:30am and 6:00am.  Here is the youtube video that I watched to learn the basic sock bun:



And this is the video I watched to learn how to get sock bun curls overnight!



So I decided to give it a whirl, why not.  I have long hair so this is also better for my hair because I'm not damaging it by blow drying and straightening it every. single. day.  Here is a quick picture of what my hair looked like after sleeping with the sock bun in over night.



Not the greatest picture but you get the idea.  All I had to do was run a straightener through the front pieces and I was good to go!  So now I'm showering at night and making my mornings that much easier for myself!  I'm telling you, I am on a mission to simplify my life.  I am making small changes that are adding up to a big impact.  XOXO!

No comments: